Wednesday, January 23,
2013 11:36 AM CST
Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center facilities are operating on their normal schedules.
Temporary Visitor Restrictions During Flu Outbreak
Due to the significant increases in flu-like illnesses in the past two weeks in Illinois and other states, the FHCC has implemented the following temporary visitor restrictions:
1. Visitation by persons under 18 is not allowed.
2. Visitors are limited to not more than two per patient at any one time.
3. Visitors will be assessed for signs and symptoms of acute respiratory illnesses.
4. Visitors with acute respiratory illness symptoms are requested to not visit. If someone with acute respiratory illness symptoms must visit, they should wear a mask.
5. If visitation is necessary, limit visits to flu patients in isolation to people who are necessary to the patient’s emotional well-being and care.
6. The FHCC recommends staff with signs and symptoms of acute respiratory illnesses to stay home.
7. As always, we highly encourage staff, patients, and visitors to perform proper hand hygiene and cough etiquette.