Weekends and Holidays 0630-0900
USS Tranquillity Branch Medical Clinic (Bldg. 1007) Recruit Training Command is the busiest clinic in the U.S. Navy and is staffed by nearly 150 active duty and civilian staff members. As one of three Branch Medical Clinics that are part of the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center, USS Tranquillity provides many services, including ship sick call, primary care, treatment room, sports medicine and rehabilitative therapy (SMART), special physicals, medical records and mental health/recruit evaluation unit (REU).
USS Tranquillity's Ship Sick Call Clinics treats approximately 31,000 patients each year, addressing needs that can be satisfied through basic treatment and over-the-counter medications. Primary Care Clinics provides care for nearly 48,000 patients each year for concerns such as upper respiratory infections, unspecified viral infections, pharyngitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma, conjunctivitis, otitis media and dehydration.
The Treatment Room provides care for nearly 5,000 patients a year for the following services: serial blood pressure monitoring, various procedures, crutches, pulmonary-related procedures, and IM/SQ injections (immunizations). USS Tranquillity's SMART provides care for nearly 26,000 patients each year, and is responsible for the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of any injury, acute or chronic, affecting the musculoskeletal system. SMART includes physical therapy, podiatry and chiropractic clinics.
USS Tranquillity sees over 6,000 Recruits and active duty each year for special duties qualifications, including nuclear field, submarine, naval aircrew, and diver-explosive ordinance device (EOD). Recruit Mental Health care at USS Tranquillity provides professional psychiatric and psychological assessments to nearly 19,000 Recruits each year. Lastly, they ensures that all recruit health records are complete prior to transfer, and are responsible for coordinating recruit consult appointments with the different specialty clinics at the Lovell FHCC.
As background on the namesake, USS Tranquillity was converted into a hospital ship and commissioned in April 1945, with a bed capacity of 802 and a complement of 568. USS Tranquillity began service as a base hospital at Ulithi and was dispatched in August 1945 to the Palau Island to receive the survivors from the USS Indianapolis and transport them to Guam. She was then assigned to assist the 3rd Fleet by returning 766 patients from Guam to the US. In September 1945, she was assigned to Operation Magic Carpet to return troops from overseas to the US and was designated APH-114. In March 1946, USS Tranquillity was decommissioned. She was struck from the Naval Register in September 1961. Tranquillity received one battle star from World War II service.
2430 Illinois Street
Great Lakes, IL 60088
Phone: 847-688-6755 Or 847-688-6755
Fax: Not Available