Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
PGY1 and PGY2 Pharmacy Residency Programs
Thank you for your interest in our pharmacy residency programs. Our residency programs allow flexibility and diversity designed to help our residents enhance clinical skills, develop managerial knowledge, and advance oral and written communication abilities.
The Captain James A. Lovell Pharmacy Department is affiliated with and holds co-funded faculty positions with Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science College of Pharmacy. Residents have the opportunity to co-precept students.
If you would like to be part of the health care team providing essential services to this unique patient population, please consider a pharmacy residency at the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center!
During the pharmacy residency:
- Resident will enhance their skills to provide direct patient care in a hospital setting in which the resident contributes and actively participates in daily patient care activities.
- Resident will develop and implement innovative pharmacy services as well as expand and maintain existing programs.
- Resident will learn to make appropriate recommendations in clinical problem solving and decision making by assessing patient-specific medical problems, evaluating drug therapies, and designing comprehensive medication management plans.
- Resident will have the opportunity to educate pharmacy students through active teaching in introductory and/or advanced clinical pharmacy practice experiences and didactic education.
- Resident will complete a residency project suitable for publication and presentation.
- Resident will develop verbal and written communication skills by providing education to patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Resident will learn to appropriately document clinical interventions and patient education in a computerized medical record system.
- Resident will obtain the skills to integrate data obtained from multiple sources to derive an overall conclusion or answer to a drug information inquiry.