Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
Current Operating Status
As of Thursday, April 25, 2019 11:25 AM CDT
Lovell FHCC’s main hospital, Naval Station Great Lakes branch clinics and Community Based Outpatient Clinics in Evanston, McHenry and Kenosha are open, with normal operating hours.
For the latest information about the April 25 hazmat situation in Beach Park, Ill., (approximately 11 miles north of Lovell FHCC), please link below to the Lake County, Ill. Sheriff's Facebook page. We urge any of our patients, staff members and volunteers who feel they may have been exposed to get checked out in the emergency department of the nearest hospital or contact their primary physician. FHCC staff who have questions or concerns may also contact our Occupational Health Department at 224-610-4215.
Inclement weather information:
Patients: If you are running late because of the weather, or need to reschedule, please call central scheduling at 1-800-393-0865 (veterans), or call 1-800-941-4501 (TRICARE beneficiaries).
If the weather impacts the status of FHCC operations at any time, the information will be posted at: https://www.lovell.fhcc.va.gov/emergency/index.asp and at https://www.facebook.com/lovellfhcc/ (here).
We urge all who must travel during hazardous weather to take appropriate precautions when driving on area roads, and to allow plenty of extra time for commutes. For up-to-date information on road conditions in Lake County, Ill., go to: https://www.lakecountypassage.com/. For up-to-date information on road conditions in the Kenosha area, go to: https://511wi.gov/.
|Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 1-800-393-0865 x82920
- Change Your Appointment: 1-800-393-0865, press 5 for prescription and appointment information
- Media Inquiries: 1-224-610-3714 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 847-688-1900, press 0 or 1-800-393-0865, press 0
- Pharmacy Refill: 1-800-393-0865, press 5 for prescription and appointment information
- Staff Locator: 847-688-1900, press 0 or
1-800-393-0865, press 0
- Telephone Care: 847-688-1900 or