VA » Health Care » Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center » Features
Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
- Whole Health app helps combat veteran
- Depression was ruining Iraq War combat veteran Ricardo Martinez's life. He had isolated himself. He admitted himself to Lovell FHCC for PTSD. He was not going to quit. When he heard about Whole Health, he embraced it.
- FHCC ICU preps for COVID-19
- They could see it coming. They didn’t know initially, but the Lovell Federal Health Care Center ICU team had about six weeks until they received a COVID-19 patient. When the deadly virus arrived, they were ready.
- Navy reservists screen recruits at FHCC, RTC
- Navy Reserve Medicine sailors mobilized to Great Lakes to augment the Navy recruit mission. A NRM team of 81 is assigned to Lovell Federal Health Care Center to screen recruits during quarantine before boot camp.
- WW II B-17 Gunner Looks Back
- On his 95th birthday, WW II B-17 gunner Joseph Geraldi was touched by family members, friends and FHCC staff who gathered to sing “Happy Birthday” outside the dining room window of his Lovell FHCC Green House home.
- Job fair opens door for Navy veteran
- Navy veteran William Page is a job fair success story. Page went to a FHCC veteran and military job fair, interviewed there and was hired by veteran friendly Always Faithful Equestrian Center. The next fair is in May.
- Veteran performers, artists, authors needed
- Veteran Ellis Reed can't remember not performing. His singing got him to the national Veterans Creative Arts Festival. Entries are needed for FHCC's 2020 Veterans Creative Arts Festival. Enter by Feb. 14.
- FHCC veterans appear in "Clown Vets"
- Lovell FHCC PTSD program grads don clown costumes as part of their recovery. At Lovell recently, they clowned to promote "Clown Vets," a new documentary featuring veterans clowning to help others and themselves.
- Two Lovell hospitals - 100 years of caring
- A decade before astronaut James Lovell was born, World War I-era soldiers and veterans received care at Lovell Hospital at Fort Sheridan, then an Army base a short drive from today's Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
- Putting Heart Disease at Ease
- An interdisciplinary team at Lovell FHCC recently developed a new Heart Failure Toolkit which aims to help patients with heart failure manage their symptoms and live their lives to the fullest.
- Two heroes meet; Lovell visits hospice patient
- In his last days, Lovell Federal Health Care Center veteran patient's involvement with Apollo 13 mission was recognized by former NASA astronaut, retired Navy Captain James A. Lovell.