Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
At Lovell FHCC, we are committed to providing high quality, compassionate and comprehensive health care to women veterans. The Women Veterans Program is designed to offer the respect, dignity, and privacy women veterans deserve while meeting their unique health care needs and delivering the highest quality health care to each woman. We encourage women veterans to utilize these benefits. We provide comprehensive primary care, gynecological care, specialty care, and integrated mental health care.
Lovell FHCC offers comprehensive primary health care to women at the main facility in both the Women’s Health Clinic as well as the Primary Care Clinic. Comprehensive primary care is also available at our outpatient clinics located in McHenry, Evanston and Kenosha.
If you have experienced Military Sexual Trauma, contact Delia De Avila, LCSW, MST Coorindator, at 224-610-5843.
Each veteran is unique. Call 224-610-1463 for help determining your individual eligibility status and enrollment into VA health care.
If you have any questions or would like to request additional information, the Women Veterans Program Manager is ready to assist you. Please call 224-610-1123 to talk to our Women Veterans Program Manager.
Or you may contact our Primary Care Women's Health Clinic directly at 224-610-7615.
NEW: Direct-schedule your mammogram by calling 224-610-7642 or 224-610-7647.
For healthy living—Take Care of Yourself! Talk to your health care Provider about following preventive measures:
Mammograms, Pap test, blood pressing check, cholesterol check, Bone Density Test, Colorectal Screening, Flu Shot, and other immunizations.
For information about women veterans health and other benefits visit these websites:
- VA Womens Health: https://www.womenshealth.va.gov/WOMENSHEALTH/index.asp
- National Domestic Hotline at 1-800-799- SAFE (7233) www.thehotline.org
- Veterans Crisis Line http://veteranscrisisline.net/ or call 1-800-273-8255
- Veteran Homelessness www.va.gov/homeless/ or call 1-877-4AID-VET (1-877-424-3838
- Veterans Benefits www.va.gov/
- Access VA and DoD Benefits www.ebenefits.va.gov
- Center for Women Veterans www1.va.gov/womenvet/
- Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs http://www2.illinois.gov/veterans/women/Pages/default.aspx
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs http://dva.state.wi.us/womenvets.asp
For Women Veterans, VA is Here
VA welcomes women Veterans. We are committed to providing high-quality services in a sensitive and safe environment at all VA facilities. Women Veteran Program Managers are available at each VA medical center to assist women Veterans with questions and coordinate services (see contact information on this page).
Each woman Veteran is assigned a Women’s Health Primary Care Provider. These experienced providers are trained to deliver comprehensive primary care, as well as routine women’s health care. You will be at the center of a Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) where a provider, nurse, and others will work with you to manage your health care:
- Primary care: general medical care for acute and chronic conditions, such as chronic pain, high blood pressure, and diabetes
- Preventive care: immunizations and cancer screenings (breast and cervical), osteoporosis screening and management
- Gender-specific care
- Birth control, family planning, and preconception counseling
Learn more about the gender-specific services VA has to offer
- Women Veterans Health Care
- Health and Wellness
- Maternity Care
- Military Sexual Trauma
Women Veterans Call Center
The Women Veterans Call Center provides women Veterans information about VA services and resources, benefits, and eligibility. The toll-free line is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. ET and on Saturdays 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m. ET. Please see our Women Veterans Call Center website or call 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636). Call, chat, or text are all available.